Stitch 'n Bitch-Melbourne Knitalong

Saturday, July 17, 2004


From Jen: Felting, ah, the romance of turning loose, fragile crochet into hard durable fabric, all with only the aid of the washing machine. All my friends are doing it, why can't I?

So I signed up for the felt something knit-along, grand ideas in my head of crocheting my own made up pattern and ending up with a funky bag I'd be proud to swing around like i was off to market in gay pari'.

What I failed to remember is I hate wet proccess anything, I just don't like slopping around damp things, and the smell! oh god no! damp wool, I have a cat, therefore I have avoided the damp smell of dog since my teenage years. My lincraft cosy wool bag smelt like damp german
shepherd.

The pretty creamy white wool turned into a dirty off white and the others are just meh.

Here's a pic, pre-felting, aprefelting, and after I cut the damn thing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home